Ever since I became an FTE, my life has been changing for the better. Slowly but surely I got back into a regular exercise routine, kept up with taekwondo (albeit sporadically), managed my diet, and am cleaning up any mental/spiritual distress.
I have to say, a lot has changed over the past 2 years - I'm in much better shape, I eat right and eat well, and I'm beginning to forgive and see "over the fence."
One of the few things I've been struggling with all my life is work-life balance. I do tend to work a lot - weeknights, weekends, after hours, etc. Part of the problem is that I'm able to work anywhere I have an Internet connection; the other part is my inability to let things be when I'm supposed to be enjoying time off. I still haven't figured out the right way to go about it, and unfortunately, it's taking a toll on my mental and physical well-being. For all that I do to keep myself healthy, work is a huge factor that prevents me from achieving 100% wellness. I suppose this will get better with time; I already take into consideration that my company will survive when I'm not there for a day or two (although the people I support might not ...). Gotta keep at it.
Otherwise, I'm finding myself under imaginary pressure - the life changes many of my friends have experienced and/or will experience (marriage, children) and how to move up at the stage I'm in now. I've been feeling more stuck each day - whether it's career stall, daily task stall, or general work fatigue that keeps me from reaching my professional and personal goals. Perhaps these two pieces are not yet fully defined; perhaps that is why I'm stuck.
I have achieved a lot though already this year. I have to stay positive and ensure that I have the mindset to win. It's much harder than it looks, but I'm up for the challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment