I have to say, ever since the Dean's reception, things have been going quite well with life (despite a few downs here and there).
It's already time for another month end, and we're well underway with our long-range plan at work. Times are busy, but it also means job security.
Speaking of job security, it is highly unusual for a person to be able to hold down two jobs in this economy (let alone the four I had last semester). As I mentioned in my post last month, I'm leaving the night job at year end, and for the first time in almost 6 years, I will have my weeknights back.
Recent and upcoming happenings:
+ Was an alumna guest speaker at the annual Scholarship Appreciation Brunch
+ Was a panelist for the cross-college Graduate School panel
+ Attending the annual Economics Liaison Networking Dinner tonight
+ Induction into the Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society
+ Will be an escort to the SVP and Treasurer of EMC for the annual Leadership Conference
+ Will be a panelist for recent MBA grads starting their careers
In other news, I am officially in a relationship (have been since January - brought a man home from Vegas . . . sort of . . . ). It's been a long time since that bit of personal life has occurred, and frankly, it's nice (albeit long distance even though T is now back in Syracuse). So, we'll see how that bit of life goes along in the coming future.
Other than that, I'm advancing quite nicely on the career front, I'm catching up with family members and old friends again, and slowly assimilating my schedule to accommodate personal life.
Work in progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment