Thursday, June 30, 2011

About that time again . . .

Summah summah summah time!

I figured it's about time for me to update on my life (almost five months later following my previous "New Year" post).

+1: Completed the 21 day yoga challenge. Now I work out 5 days a week (at least).
+1: Got a bonus and a raise from the day job.
+1: Responsibilities at said day job have increased significantly (yay for job security).
+1: Got lots of snowboarding in during the winter.
+1: Flew a helicopter in April.
+1: Eradicated the H. Pylori infection I had after two therapies.
+1: My 2.5RS will be paid off by September.
+1: At least 1 of my student loans will be paid off by December.
+1: I bought a bicycle last year. I finally had it put together this year (after I left the night job) and am actually utilizing it well.
+1: Watched my sister graduate from college.
+1: Attended the 8th annual Women's Instructional Shoot.
+1: Joined NESIC of NASIOC. Found lots of Subaru geeks. Went to WBM and found even MORE Subaru enthusiasts.
+1: Will enjoy more time with the man as time goes on. :]
+1: Family and friend relationships are getting even better.

-1: Car repairs are not cheap.
-1: Due to allocation of 90% of my earnings to student loans (after immediate recurring bills have been paid), I have to cut down on spending. No more eating out at nice places. :[
-1: I have too many expensive hobbies.
-1: Work/life balance is still nonexistent.
-1: I want to buy a new bed and a new TV. I want to install a bike rack on my car. I want to invest in my Roth IRA. Too bad I don't have the money to do so.

I think that's about it. Otherwise, I am finally living the dream - doing what I want, spending time with those I love, and enjoying life. Hope everyone out there is doing the same.

No comments: